25 June 2005

are you a registered sex offender?

Yesterday I encountered first hand the New York left. I stood on the west side of Broadway, at W75th steet, in front of Fairway, to try and obtain signatures on a petition. NY State requires 1000 signatures of registered voters of whatever party a candidate represents, in order for that candidate to appear on the ballot. So, working side by side with Josh Yablon to find registered Republicans living in NY's upper west side, I bravely proceeded with my task.

"Good afternoon. Are you a registered republican?" F### YOU!"
"Good afternoon. Are you a registered Republican?" What did you ask me? F### YOU!
"Good afternoon. Are you a registered Republican?" NO! You're in the wrong neighborhood, buddy.

as if I were saying, "Good afternoon. Are you a registered sex offender? Do you like little boys?"

Democrats can be mean and nasty. A few polite ones, though most just ignored me and rolled their eyes. And a few were viscious. One old lady with a stroller sneered, "Republican? I HATE them. I hate them all...."

The party of tolerance???