25 September 2008

Castle Rock 2005 Russian River Valley Petite Sirah


I went to my wine shop today and had Bart put together a case for me. Parameters: all red, average price $15. Otherwise no limitations. They were having a sale on Australian wines, so I got a bunch of those, as he could include higher priced wines on sale to keep the total below $180.

Tonight I'm drinking the Petite Sirah. It's a soft California wine, but quite nice. It's not very complex, not bold. It doesn't shout. I would pair it with a light pasta, like bowties tossed with olive oil and garlic, a colorful garden salad, and some cheese. It wouldn't stand up to a steak or braised pork. But for what it is, it's completely acceptable.

I can never remember what I drink, so I figure if I blog the wines, I can find them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment