20 April 2005

John and Lisa

We met yesterday afternoon, John, Lisa and I, for some conversation and a meal. Colleagues from my LNG days, John and Lisa sailed with me on the LNG Leo. We dined at B-bar, formerly known as the Bowery Bar. Crab cakes, fried calamari, chicken gumbo, and a chicken taco with some Redhook ale hit the spot.

To the 6 train, switch at Union Square to the 4 train, and on up to Yankee Stadium. Bought some $5 seats and watched the Big Unit take an asswhipping at the hands of Tampa Bay.

Southbound on the 4 train to 59th street, we met up with Chet at the Subway Inn for some cocktails.

John and Lisa had to take the bus back to John's Dad's house in Jersey, but, well, ...

We had some problems getting home last night. We took the 7 train but after 11pm they close one of the tracks. We ended up in Queens. After waiting ages to get on the returning train to 42st, we couldn't find another bus going to NJ. We had to go up 181st in Harlem and have John's dad pick us up near the Wash. Bridge. It was 3AM before we got home. Whew!!! I was so happy to finally be home!!! Had a great time with you and Chet. You guys are so fun. Good luck with the move.

hugs, Lisa

I, on the other hand, took a cab to Penn Station and made my train on time, THANK GOD as the next train was at 0316, and I wasn't looking forward to getting home at 0500.