25 February 2005

and now for some good news

Just got a call from my broker, the one here on Long Island. Yesterday, I had him drop the asking price on the remaining property that I am trying to unload, and, in the snow, some fellow from Nassau County came and saw the house, and made an all cash offer which was higher than the offer from the guy that has been hanging in there looking for financing.

So hopefully contracts will be sent over to my attorney soon, and I can get the ball rolling on all of this. A month for the title search, then cold hard cash in my pocket.

Which puts me in a much better position to buy this co-op.

Now if I could just get a good snowstorm all day Sunday to obliterate any potential buyers coming to the open house, things would be sweet. As it stands, it looks like the snow is coming Monday.