26 May 2008

Bittman's Beer Braised Ribs

I got some ribs Saturday from Mike and Jen, the dings and the dents, where the packaging had deteriorated and our customers didn't seem to want to buy them. But they were fine.

Decided to use Bittman's rib recipe from last Wednesday's food section in the times. A buddy came over for lunch, and said "These are the best ribs I've ever had" so I guess the recipe was a success.



I browned the ribs in my cast iron skillet, as I'm not happy with how my aluminum dutch oven does on the stove top.



I sauted the seasonings and added the beer, in this case Brooklyn Lager





Dumped this on the ribs, put on the lid, and braised it for almost 2 hours while I did some laundry.

Tim came over and I broiled the ribs, reduced the braising liquid to a sauce, and we dined.



1 comment:

  1. That's looks delicious! I'm only having noodles and tuna cans down here! Saludos

    Mauricio

    PS: Whenever possible please send me the recipe for the zucchini/pear soup. Thanks

    ReplyDelete