30 November 2007

Reading List

This is what I brought with me, the reason my luggage was so heavy:

Elie Wiesel The Judges
Saul Bellow Herzog
Mark Twain The Portable Mark Twain
Kurt Vonnegut Slaughterhouse Five
Joseph Conrad The Heart of Darkness and other selected short stories
John Irving Until I Find You
Kirkegaard Provocations: Spiritual writings of Kierkegaard
Dostoevsky Notes From Underground
Leo Tolstoy Anna Karenina

The Judges [which, by the way, in addition to the John Irving book, I picked up
at the book table on St. Marks, just east of the Astor Place station, on the
north side of the street, it's a classics collection book table, the best in the
city, for me at least] was finished before I even arrived on the ship, and
Herzog will be done sometime today.

The pickin's from what is in the ships library is mighty thin, so I'm hoping
some others have brought books with them that I can bum, otherwise my mind may
turn to oatmeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment