04 December 2006

turkey soup, et. al.

I'm kinda winging it with the turkey soup, making a pot based loosely on a recipe I have for "hearty potato and barley soup". To the turkey stock I added about a cup and a half of barley and put that on to simmer. I'm now sautéing some onions, carrots and celery in a little butter, adding some rosemary, marjoram and parsley, salt and pepper, and will dump all that into the stock.

Then at some point I'll add diced potatoes and diced turnips. And hope for the best.

Meanwhile, I'm installing some shelving in the bathroom (got an exchange on the defective shelf) and will paint the trim today. It's like having a new bathroom!

Starting to seriously mull over and prepare for shipping out, get all my odds and ends taken care of, anticipate bills, obligations, etc. Also monitoring the trial of my union leaders, it's unbelievable what they've been up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment