21 December 2006

A Love Supreme

Getting ready to begin painting my apartment tomorrow, did a bit of cleaning and cutting in tonight. Got some jazz on the Bose and for the last 20 minutes or so I've been listening to A Love Supreme and it is absolutely brilliant.

The colors? The wall with the large window will be "anchor gray," while the rest of the room will be Cliffside gray. The trim will be vintage taupe.

I did quite a bit of research on the Benjamin Moore website. They've got this thing call the personal color viewer, where there are sample rooms and you choose the colors, to see how things go together. They also have preset color combinations, which is where I spent most of my time. I picked a combination that I thought would look good, then went to the local BM store to get the color cards, and the colors didn't look right. Brought them back to the apartment, and fired up the color viewer again, and lo and behold, the colors on my monitor were quite different from the ones I held in my hand.

I went back to the BM store, and eventually settled on the colors above. If it doesn't look good, I'll just have to paint over one of them. But I think it'll be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment